AGI’s Digital Language Lab is a joint venture of Atlas Group of Institutions with Oréll Digital Language Lab (ODLL) , a premier information technology services provider specializing in intelligently customized client-specific software solutions that deliver results and add value for educators, students and institutions of learning . The program is tailor made for those who want to improve their language skills in all main aspects like listening, speaking, reading, and writing (LSRW).The user friendly interface makes even a candidate of minimum computer knowledge use the facilities provided to the fullest…
Why Language Lab?
The four basic principles for acquiring proficiency in any language are Listening,Speaking, Reading and Writing or (LSRW). Although these are intrinsically linked they must all be mastered in the LSRW order of learning an order that we unconsciously adopt when learning the mother tongue and obtaining fluency in the language.
However, in a typical classroom setting this order is reversed. The student is first taught to write or spell the words, learn sentence structuring by reading passages/ poems etc and then attempt to speak with zero exposure to any auditory source other than the instructor who (more often than not) is also a non-native speaker who has also learned the language in more or less the same manner.
It was to overcome this fundamental shortfall of language teaching/learning in a typical setting that led to the emergence of analogue language laboratories in the early 1970s with the advent of audio tapes, amplifiers and speakers/headphones.
- Standard and Premium versions
- Extensive course materials
- Study materials categorized for pre-school,elementary,intermediate & higher level
- “Live class” for translation exercise
- Grouping & pairing with over 500 discussion topics.
- LSRW method of language learning
- Excellent student monitoring and evaluation
- Modularity in design
Student Module Features
- Listen, speak, read, write, repeat, record & role play
- Compare/evaluate repeated passage with original
- Two-way communication with instructor
- Real time translation and recording
- Audio & text chat
- Review lessons in text/audio/video formats
- Submit assignments
- Text to speech
- Call instructor / hand raising